Wednesday 18 March 2020

A Moment in Time

Living In The Moment

We are all living in a unprecedented moment in time. We are living in a historic moment, where I hope we can pull together as a community, town, city or country.

Today marks the 55th anniversary of humans walking in space. 

We have shut down our main bread and butter of tours and public talks but this isn't stopping us from sharing our rich history along with improving our wellbeing, mental health and learning from behind closed doors.

We aim to achieve this in the coming days and weeks by voice, videos and posts that include, history, games, quizzes and lots of other possibilities.

We are going to look into the archives and share with you our findings of over a decade of research, discoveries and looking into private collections.

So share the links with family, friends  and loved ones. Read, comment and let us know your questions and what you might want to see next.

I never met any of my grandfathers but they have been my inspiration and fuel to do the things I do. One of I don’t talk much about simply because I don’t know much about him but in recent family chats it came to light that a hobby was to colour photographs in the 1960s. He would do them by hand with dyes and inks he would use them meticulously, precisely dropping ink to certain areas and bring a photograph to life. I will be sharing more of his hobby and him in general in a future post but its so easy to do them in an app or Photoshop these days but im going to have a go myself and have been playing around in a particular program to get an idea of  what I mean. You can see some of my efforts with this picture of the Old Cross, in Old Glossop around after 1912 marking the end of the original town centre, Howardtown became the new Glossop - Officially naming Old Glossop 'Old'.

I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge, findings as well as the mysteries and secrets our town has to offer.

Take care. Keep Safe and Speak Soon.

Don't forget to share with others, family and friends!

M.C

No comments:

Post a Comment